There are literally thousands of health tinctures, vitamins, mineral supplements, super foods and tonics that we can take to improve our health and wellbeing. To have endless options to choose from is FANTASTIC, but, it can also be downright confusing. Not only is there ALOT of information out there but, there is alot of conflicting information.
So, what exactly are the very best things to add to your daily diet? The things that fill our cells with energy, build stella immunity, balances our hormones, nourishes our adrenals, strengthens our bones, shield us from stress, and well… make us feel BRILLIANT.
The foods we place in our gobs can either build our system up or, weaken it. To build strength, immunity and health the following are my very top 9 recommendations to ADD to your life..
1. An attitude of gratitude – wake each morning and set your internal environment to gratitude. The world looks best through a lens of appreciation.
2. Reishi Mushroom – Reishi is your one stop shop. It enhances health on so many levels that it is beyond impressive. Specifically, it will build stealth immunity. Imagine life without a cold or flu – ever! Put a teaspoon in warm water or a smoothie daily to get this powerhouse into your body and life.
3. Pure Water – At minimum we need a filter for our tap water otherwise, we become the filter. Pure spring water is best, it delivers high quality hydration direct to our cells with minus the contamination.
4. Cacao – This phenomenal powder is full of power with high levels of magnesium and antioxidants. And, with sooooo many delicious ways to eat cacao, it should be a non-negotiable in your diet!
5. Seaweeds – Seaweeds are great for everybody to eat. They have a whole lot of goodness including essential sugars, fiber, minerals, polysaccharides and, they carry important anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-microbial compounds. Sprinkle nori or dulse over your salads & soups or, wrap some veges in a nori roll. Get them into ‘ya!
6. Fresh vegetable juice (celery based) – Drinking a fresh cold pressed juice daily will fill your body with minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients, the stuff that keeps us singing with health and puts the breaks on pre-mature ageing and disease. Celery makes an awesome base for vege juice. Start with a few stalks of celery then add in what veges, fruit or leafy greens you like. My fav is combo is the ‘Go Green Juice’ with: 4 stalks of celery, 2 green apples, 1 lemon and a few leaves of kale.. soooo energising and sooo good 🙂
7. Cultured foods – Did you know that 90% of your serotonin (the happy hormone) is located in your gut? Therefore, it is really important for your gut to be healthy for you to actually be happy! A pill loaded with probiotic’s is one way to get the good stuff into your gut but cultured foods are the best! They are loaded to the brim with probiotics and Vitamin B which, are essential for a good mood! Add in some kombucha, sauerkraut, pickles, cultured yoghurt or kimchi to your diet and be happy!
8. Berries – tasty, refreshing and, packed to the brim with anti-oxidants. Black-berries, blue-berries & strawberries are an awesome addition to your diet.
9. Chorella – Chorella is literally one of the most nutritionally dense food as earth! It is a superfood in every sense with a load of quality in a little quantity. This green goodness is immensely alkalising, detoxifying and, a great source of protein. Why wouldn’t you have it.. like.. now!