Inspired by Anzac Day, these biscuits are subtley sweet and deliciously chewy. They are a gluten free, sugar free, vegan adaption on the traditional ‘Anzac Day Biscuit’.
Introducing The Peace Biscuit..
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 125 gr macadamia nut butter
- Place flours, baking powder, desiccated coconut, pecans and salt in bowl. Mix well.
- In a seperate bowl, mix maple syrup and nut butter together. Once well combined, add to dry ingredients.
- Use 2 tbspns of mixture to roll in to ball and then shape on baking tray.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20 mins.
Recipe inspired by: Veet’s Cuisine Delicious Vegetarian Recipes, Veet’s Cusine, 2014.